TRANSPORT FACT SHEET
- COUNTRY: Eswatini (fmr. "Swaziland")
- CAPITAL: Mbabane
- GDP GROWTH RATE: 2.8%
- MAJOR COMMERCIAL CITIES: Mbabane, Manzini, Siteki, pigs peak, Mhlume, Lobamba, Mankayane, Haitikulu, Nhlangano, Lavumisa.
- MAJOUR INTERNATIONAL AIRPORTS: King Mswati III nternational Airport.
- MAJOUR SEAPORTS: Eswatini is landlocked and does not have any sea ports, but uses two ports for imported goods: Durban, South Africa, and Maputo, Mozambique
- RAIL AND ROADWAYS: Three main railway lines, the Goba railway, the Komatipoort railway and the Richards Bay railway. Major highways are fallow:
- MR1 Mbabane - Piggs Peak - Jeppes Reef, border with South Africa.
- MR3 Ngwenya, border with South Africa - Mbabane - Manzini - Hlane - Lomashasha, border with Mozambique. This is the most important highway.
- MR8 Manzini - Big Bend - Lavumisa, border with South Africa.
- MR9 Manzini - Nhlangano - Mahamba, border with South Africa.
- MR11 Nhlangano - Lavumisa, border with South Africa.
- MR19 Mbabane - Nertson, border with South Africa.
- EXPORT GOODS: soft drink concentrates, sugar, wood pulp, cotton yarn, refrigerators, citrus and canned fruit
- EXPORT PARTNERS: South Africa 59.7% EU 8.8% US 8.8% Mozambique 6.2% (2004)
- IMPORT GOODS: The top imports of Eswatini are Refined Petroleum ($202M), Gold ($76.1M), Electricity ($67.6M), Cars ($46.9M), and Scented Mixtures ($40M).
- IMPORT PARTNERS: South Africa ($1.31B), China ($134M), United Arab Emirates ($98.9M), Mozambique ($41M), and India ($40.6M).
Global Supply Chain Logistics Inc. provides Sea Freight Transportation and Logistics Services to clients in Canada across Mississauga, Toronto, Hamilton, Brampton, Oakville, Vaughan, Guelph, Markham, Ajax, and Oshawa, ON.